NCC At GEC-Rajkot
Unity and Discipline is the Motto of NCC
- The National Cadet Corps is Youth Wing of Armed Forces with its Headquarters at New Delhi, India.
- It is available to Schools (Junior Division) and Colleges (Senior Division). National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, involving the Army, Navy and Air Wing, occupied with preparing the young people of the nation into restrained and energetic natives.
- The National Cadet Corps in India is a wilful association that volunteers cadets from secondary schools, universities, and colleges all over India.
- The Cadets are given fundamental military preparing.
NCC at Government Engineering College Rajkot
- Government Engineering College, Rajkot has the NCC Troop (NAVAL WING) under 03 GUJARAT NAVAL UNIT Bhavnagar since 2019.
- Presently institute have 50 approved vacancies for NCC enrolment under Ministry of Defence.
- NCC provides specialized preparing for the engineering students to enhance their interpersonal skills.
- NCC training is given to the NCC cadets for three years during g graduation studies. The enrolled cadets passing through rigorous assessment during the training and after successful completion cadets can achieve a significant NCC “C" Certificate.
- During the NCC service cadets get sufficient opportunity to improve individuals’ personality. That becomes helpful to them during their future carrier as an engineer. In addition to that the cadets having NCC “C" certificates with great grading would get a great chance to build their carrier in the Armed Forces, Para-military Forces, and Police department with some special entry scheme or with some relaxation in entry merit.
What guides NCC GECR towards constant betterment are the following motives:
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service among the Youth of the Country.