2) To build up effective industrial interaction for skill improvement of students for facing professional challenges.
3)To promote innovative ideas and conduct testing for solutions to real-life problems.
4)To spread awareness of societal issues.
Program Educational Objectives :
The passing out engineer after spending several years will be able to –
- Practice the diverse types of professional career allied with Civil Engineering.
- Prolifically pursue higher education and carry out research in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Implement innovative ideas and develop new products and function effectively as entrepreneur in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Apply latest technology and tools to tackle social and environmental issues.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome: (PSO)
The graduates in Civil Engineering will be able to-
- Conceptually design, plan, execute and manage infrastructural systems.
- Analyze the environmental consequences and create the eco-friendly infrastructural systems
- Create systems incorporating modern-day demands like green buildings, renewable energy sources, recharge of groundwater resources, energy-efficient solutions, modern/modified materials, etc.
- Make use of modern tools and equipment for arriving at solutions to Civil engineering problems.
Highway Engg. Lab
Various tests of road aggregates and bitumen can be done in this laboratory. This laboratory is equipped with equipment like Los Angeles Abrasion Machine, Thickness Gauge, Length Gauge, Penetrometer, Ring and Ball Apparatus, Sieve Set etc.
This lab is well equipped with Digital theodolite, Digital plannimeter, Vernier theodolite, Auto level, Dumpy level, Prismatic compass, Plain table set, Levelling staff, Cross staff, Ranging rod, Metric chain, Tape etc.
Fluid mechanics is the branch of Civil Engg which deals with the mechanics of fluids and the forces on them. This lab has various apparatus like Red wood viscometer, Metacentric height apparatus, Hydraulic bench with components like Notch apparatus, Bernoulli’s apparatus etc.
This laboratory is has around 30 computers with high configuration and internet facility. All are connected in LAN. Following softwares are available in this lab.
The institute has a separate auditorium with 300 students capacity. It is fully air conditioned and sound proof. Our institute organize various events like student orientation, seminars, expert lectures, cultural events in this building.