The Central Library of Government Engineering College Rajkot is a key resource service in the institute, for the faculties & students of diversified technological areas. It also serves as a major learning and resource centre. The Central library of the institute is contributing continuously to provide vital academic resources with the institute.
It is a separate two story building (GF+FF) with a spacious area of 1172 Sq. meter. It is located in the centre of the campus which provides quick access to all stakeholders. Library provides well-furnished and illuminated location with campus Wi-Fi enabled with CCTV surveillance Library provides an academic atmosphere by motivating the readers to have effective learning and associated activities. .
Central Library is equipped with SOUL 2.0 Library Management Software. Soul 2.0 is state of art integrated library management software designed and developed by INFLIBINET Gandhinagar. All books are bar-coded with accession numbers and stacked as per diversified branches. All staff and student members have access to the library with bar-coded membership I-Card for issuance of books.
The Library encompasses 17500 books of 4375 titles varying in subjects like Engineering, Management, Basic Science & Humanities and General Knowledge. It includes textbooks reference books, number of CDs/DVDs, journals, e-Books, daily newspaper and newsletter. Also, there are 15 Multimedia PC for Digital Access to resources in the Library with Campus LAN and Wi-Fi facility The users can also use their own multimedia gazettes for access to library resources.
List of books available in library,
Library has a reading room capacity of 100 seats where students can use their own resources including electronic gazettes for academic and research purposes, Separate Seating for reading is also allocated for Girl Students .
Reference and standard section
This section is open for all section. This section provides reprographic facility on payment basis and avail over night-holidays issue on Department Recommendation.
Newspaper, newsletters and periodical and journal section
This section is for all users who want to get regularly updates in current affairs and technical development.
Digital Learning Section
To enhance digital e-content learning, online access for more than 40,000 NPTEL Course are available. All stakeholders can access these NPTEL Resources by scanning QR code within campus and remotely also.
The library service also extended to department libraries for issuing technical and non technical books available via donation from alumni, staff and students to students in all departments. These department libraries are maintained at department level
Library Book Exchange: 2:00 to 5:00 pm
Recess: 1:00 to 1:30 pm
Library Reading Room: 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Rules For Utilization of Library
- I card with barcoded library account number and reader card are must for all members( Staff/Students)
- Library Entry and Services are restricted only to authorized members( Staff/Students) of the institutes with valid Bar coded Institutional ID with Library account.
- Other visitors need to take permission from the Library Incharge/ Principal.
- Internet Access and e-Resources are restricted only to authorized ( Staff/ Students)members of the institutes.
- Members shall observe silence in the reading halls
- Use allocated reading room as per instruction in Library
- Don't use cell phone in the Library
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader
- Members shall not smoke, or spit in any part of the library liable to penalty and report to authority
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library
- Members shall not shelve books and periodicals as that disturb the prescribed order
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the Institute.
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (including Books and other printed material) and library books borrowed by them inside the library section. They can use rack outside library section with their responsibility.However in Reading Section they are allowed to their books ,laptops and relevant material
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them can be checked by security at anytime and every members has to cooperate for the same
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library
- The Librarian/ Authority reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner
- Library membership is open to Faculty, Students, and Non-teaching Staff members of the Institute.
- They can apply for membership in the prescribed format available on institutional website enclosing the copy of payment of 50 Rs Icard cum membership online SBI collect in Institution Collection and submit them through respective Department Head and a passport photograph affix on it and complete all fields in form.
- Whenever a member leaves/retires/transfer/.completion of study, he/she has to obtain a “No Dues Certificate" from the library.
- Members should report the loss of Institutional ID card issued by authority to library immediately, to avoid misuse.Apply for duplicate I card as per procedure as above but mentioning reason of lost and clear mention in application as duplicate I card
- Borrowing Facility – Number of Books, Loan Period and Overdue Charges
|Sr||Category||Max allowable books||Max allowable Loan perio||Over Due charge|
|1||Staff ( teaching and non teaching)||10 books||Semester duration or 6 month which ever greater||10 Rs /for initial10 Day Then 1 Rs/Day for 1 book Maximum up to 1.2 times latest edition of book Charge|
|2||Student||2 books||10 Days||10 Rs /for initial10 Day Then 1 Rs/Day for 1 book Maximum up to 1.2 times latest edition of book Charge|
The valuable suggestions are always welcome for effective utilization of library facility in written by members to library incharge/ Principal