Electronics & Communication Engineering
2) Imparting quality technical education to the students through advanced teaching learning process.
3) Creating vibrant atmosphere in the department to imbibe discipline, ethics and social responsibilities in students.
4) Facilitating students to work on innovative projects related to electronics and communication engineering.
- To make students capable for the post-graduate courses, research, successful career in industries or entrepreneurship in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- To design, draft, erect and maintain electronics production.
- To acquire communication skills to effectively communicate problems and solutions of electronics and communication engineering individually as well as in a team.
- To be engaged in lifelong learning and adapt changing technological and social needs.
- To be ethically and professionally sensitive to the consequence of work for promising career.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, electronics and communication engineering fundamentals, and specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex electronics and communication engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and electronics and communication engineering.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex electronics and communication engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex electronics and communication engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- Apply fundamental concepts of electronics and communication engineering to identify and solve real life problems.
- Utilize analytical and design skills to inculcate habit of working individually and in a group through experiments and project work.
- Ability to use modern tools to produce environment friendly ideas and products.
This laboratory has all the basic measurement and testing equipments like Storage oscilloscopes, Function generator, Spectrum Analyzer, RF Generator, DMM, Instrumentation Workbench, Trainer kits for the subjects Basic Electronics, Electronics Devices & Circuits, Advance Electronics, Digital Electronics, Integrated Circuits & Applications, Electronics Workshop, Audio Video Systems, Control Theory. Students build and test various electronics circuits in this laboratory. It provides opportunity to develop skills in the students by experimentation. Fundamentals of Electronics Engineering becomes much more strengthen after experiment work done in this laboratory.
This laboratory has all the measurement and testing instruments like Digital Storage Oscilloscope, RF generator, Arbitrary waveform generators, DC power supply. Microwave test bench, Antennas, Microstrip antenna kit and trainer kit for the subjects: Circuits & Networks, Electronics Communication, EMI, Digital Communication, Optical Communication, Satellite Communication, Antenna & Wave Propagation. Student reinforces their theoretical knowledge of communication engineering by doing experiments in this laboratory. This laboratory provides opportunity to experiment with few Hz to GHz.
In computer centre, there are 30 Computers used for the subject Computer Programming and Utilization, Simulation & Design lab, This laboratory also has wireless communication and Data Communication & Networking related kits. MOODLE SERVER of the institute is located in this laboratory. Almost all electronics circuit can be constructed and simulated before actual fabrication work. Before soldering electronics components in the PCB, it is better to check working of the circuit using Simulation tools. Students are doing experiments by simulation in this laboratory. They also learn Computer networking and Wireless communication technology in this laboratory.
This laboratory is equipped with 40 computers, Proteus software, Boards for Embedded Systems like ARM kit , Kits for the subject Microcontroller & Interfacing , Arduino boards, Raspberry PI boards, Mikroelectronika boards, VLSI Design kits, 8085 Microprocessor Kits. This laboratory is useful for the courses Embedded Systems , Microcontroller & Interfacing, , VLSI Design & Image Processing. Embedded Systems becomes integral part of the human life. In average we use about 8 to 10 embedded system products daily. This laboratory explores skills for Embedded System Programming and use of Microcontroller for doing projects.
Project Part-1, Project Part-II (Students are doing projects in this laboratory). 10 Computers are available in this laboratory for hardware interfacing experiments. This laboratory is always accessible to the students for doing project works. They can use their own laptops and project hardware inside this laboratory to do innovations. This laboratory is also utilized to teach subject “Cyber security” and “Design Engineering”.
This is one of highly utilized laboratory in E.C. Department where NPTEL Video Lectures for different courses are available. This laboratory us used for experiments of the subject Digital Signal Processing. It is also useful for SCOPE, MOODLE online test. It is having 0ne server with 24 computers connected with it. This laboratory has Digital Signal Processing Kits TMS 320C6748 and TMS320C6713 with Daughter cards, USB JTAG Debugger, Finger print interfacing module. CCD Camera to perform experiments for the subject Digital Signal Processing. Students can implement digital signal processing algorithms using this hardware.